Wiggle & Grow (1.5 – 3 Yrs)
(being offered in place of ‘Our Time’)
Age Range: 1½ to 3 years.
Class Structure: 12 thematic (non-sequential) units per level; each 4-weeks long.
Class Length: 40 minutes.
Class Size: Max. 12 toddlers per class (parent attends whole lesson).
*** On The Go ***
‘Wiggle & Grow’ encourages toddlers to uncover an engaging musical world whilst building confidence, self-control, and communications skills. Singing, imitating sounds, rhyming, and object identification foster language skills, whilst creative movement to various musical “moods” develops a sense of balance, timing, and spatial awareness. Listening and turn-taking encourage blossoming social skills.
This class reflects the emotional foundations of school readiness, and the latest research on music and early childhood development. It provides a unique opportunity for a parent and child to interact and learn together in an unhurried and joyful manner.
For your toddler, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world around them. Despite your toddler’s seeming independence, they still longs for the safety and security of parental closeness. During this time, your toddler still relishes the comfort of the familiar, whilst also seeking the challenge of something new.
‘Wiggle & Grow’ encourages toddlers to be creative, to initiate their own ideas, and to respond in their own ways, whilst your active participation gives them the security they still need. As you play instruments, sing, move, and explore, you’ll uncover an engaging musical world whilst building your child’s confidence, self-control and communications skills.
What you’ll experience in class:
- Instrument Exploration and Ensemble Skill Development – Your child will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, and melodic ensemble playing.
- Vocal Play – Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik ‘Our Time’, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time – Your child will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds and movements.
- Story-Time and Early Literacy – Listening to stories enhances language and speech development, and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help your child learn to read a book, also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities – Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronised movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time – Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing you to make the most of the fleeting toddler years and giving you the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Basic AUSLAN (Australian Sign Language) – A great way to try and assist babies and toddlers in communicating.
- Expert Advice – Our Kindermusik educators explain how our musically based activities enhance your child’s complete development.
- Learning Continues at Home – With the NEW ‘Digital Home Materials’, the learning continues wherever they go, with your child’s best teacher — YOU!
Learn over 60 songs, and play over 100 activities together by the semester’s end!
Interested in WORKING with ‘Starshine Music Studio’?
Please send your resume and expressions of interest to [email protected].