Laugh & Learn (3 – 5 Yrs)
(being offered in place of ‘Imagine That’)
Age Range: 3 to 5 years.
Class Structure: 12 thematic (non-sequential) units per level; each 4-weeks long.
Class Length: 40 minutes.
Class Size: Max. 10 children per class (parent attends last 10 mins of lesson only for ‘Sharing Time’).
*** Individuality And Independence ***
‘Laugh & Learn’ takes the preschooler on a musical journey of discovery and exploration…a journey limited only by the power of imagination. Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, story-telling, movement, and literature to capture the preschooler’s potential to learn and to encourage cognitive and literacy skills, creativity and individuality.
Designed for active, energetic, enthusiastic, and imaginative children ‘Laugh & Learn’ classes encourage socialisation, sharing, and participating in group activities. Singing becomes a focus for enhancing the preschooler’s vocal development, as expressive language is just beginning to emerge. The parent and child have fun participating together in the last 10 minutes of class during ‘Sharing Time’, where they’ll also learn about ‘Digital Home Material’ activities that they can enjoy together throughout the week.
His blanket becomes a superhero’s cape. A cardboard box doubles as her princess castle. Pots and pans become a drum set. They sing all of the time. Sound like someone you know? Every day brings a new discovery as your preschooler slowly opens the doors of individuality and independence.
Using the power of music, ‘Laugh & Learn’ class taps into your preschooler’s creative spirit and boundless energy, and focuses on developing their learning strengths and self-confidence so that they’ll be ready for school, prepared for future music lessons, or even able to leap over tall buildings.
What you’ll experience in class:
- Instrument Exploration and Ensemble Skill Development – Your child will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, and melodic ensemble playing.
- Pretend Play – Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening, movement and literacy aspects of each class. When based upon a child’s real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor and cognitive skills.
- Musical Variety and Singing – Activities include a mixture of musical genres and styles and provide a setting for your child to explore their many voices and to use a “singing voice”. Singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity and socialisation.
- Storytelling and Literacy – Each class is built on the development of a story, so you’ll hear preschoolers search for the word to say what they mean and try to keep up with their busy minds, emerging wants, needs, likes, and dislikes.
- Basic AUSLAN (Australian Sign Language) – A great way to try and assist toddlers in communicating.
- Parent Involvement – Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers, while many times still needing the emotional security provided by a parent. They’ll experience both in ‘Imagine That’. Parents participate in the last 10 minutes of class. Plus with the NEW ‘Digital Home Materials’, the learning continues wherever they go, with your child’s best teacher — YOU!
Learn over 60 songs, and play over 100 activities together by the semester’s end!
Interested in WORKING with ‘Starshine Music Studio’?
Please send your resume and expressions of interest to [email protected].