Village (Newborn – 1.5 Yrs)
Age Range: Newborn to 1½ years.
Class Structure: 8 units over 2 years; each 8-weeks long.
Class Length: 40 minutes.
Class Size: Max. 12 babies per class (parent attends whole lesson).
*** A Bonding Experience ***
‘Village’ class provides a delightful environment unlike any other! Through a unique blend of multi-level activities that include creative movement, vocal play, object and instrument exploration, and a colourful literature component, baby’s growth and development are stimulated, and all of their senses engaged. ‘Village’ is for lap babies, crawlers, and walkers. It incorporates the most current research on early childhood development, and provides families a special place for learning and connecting with other parents and babies through music and movement.
Who knew that you would find gazing into your baby’s eyes the most exciting part of your day?
In Kindermusik, we understand how precious this time is with your little one. That’s why ‘Village’ was created! In a ‘Village’ class, we take those special bonding moments between you and your baby, and combine them with musically and developmentally appropriate activities to encourage your baby’s learning, in a fun, friendly and safe environment.
What you’ll experience in class:
- Variety of Music – Musical diversity builds strong neural networks in a baby’s forming mind, which is why each Kindermusik semester contains an array of styles, sounds, and genres.
- Instrument Play – Age-appropriate experiences with child-safe instruments enhances a sense of rhythm and steady beat, develops a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, and encourages spontaneity and creativity.
- Dance – A classroom full of baby and adult pairs dancing together helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
- Together Time – A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering you a place to create special memories with your child, gain new insights into your child’s development, and nurture your child’s natural love of music.
- Basic AUSLAN (Australian Sign Language) – A great way to try and assist babies in communicating before they’re able to actually ‘verbalise’ the words.
- Expert Advice – A Kindermusik educator explains “what-to-watch-for” every step of the way and how each activity enhances your child’s complete development via the ‘FOL’s’ (‘Foundations of Learning’).
- Learning Continues at Home – With the ‘At Home’ Materials, the learning continues at home with your child’s best teacher – YOU!
Learn over 30 songs, lullabies, and nursery rhymes, and play over 50 activities together by the term’s end!
Interested in WORKING with ‘Starshine Music Studio’?
Please send your resume and expressions of interest to [email protected].