Age Range: Newborn – 7 years.
Class Structure: One-off sessions.
Class Length: 40 minutes.
Class Size: Max. 12 families per class (parent attends whole lesson).
*** We ❤ Kindermusik ***
Bringing children of all ages together provides a dynamic and integrated learning experience for everyone. Just like in our fun, all-round ‘Family Time’ class, where each child is welcomed and valued, and family “together time” is celebrated and cherished, a ‘Playdate’ session is a single Kindermusik class with all the music and movement that families love in a typical Kindermusik semester.
A ‘Playdate’ gives the busy mum or dad (grandparent, nanny or poppy, caregiver, etc.) the Kindermusik experience that is much easier to schedule, attend, and afford! It’s also a great way to see what Kindermusik is all about with a low cost and little obligation.
Just as in ‘Family Time’, a ‘Playdate’ session offers a family approach to music. With older children ready to show the little ones how it’s done, and the younger ones eager to learn, ‘Playdate’ is a multi-layered learning environment. A Kindermusik Educator will introduce basic musical concepts, give you the instruments, and the structured free time to put those concepts into play, as well as information about the activities, and how it relates to your child’s development.
Your child/ren will listen to instruments and to each other, learn from their peers and older children, and enjoy music and movement with hoops, scarves and tumble-around play. Story-time and family ‘jam sessions’, puppet play and happy singing are just some of the ‘Playdate’ activities which encourage discovery and exploration, and foster sharing and social skills too.
If you have several children and find it difficult to attend a Semester class with them…then bring them all to a ‘Playdate’, and enjoy the one-off, fun-filled music lesson TOGETHER!
NB – Although our regular curricula (Village, Our Time, Imagine That, Family Time), can be tailored especially for playgroups, mother’s groups, daycare centres, kindergartens, etc., ‘Playdate’ is another great alternative for those only wishing to have an occasional music class incorporated into their Term’s routine. For this option, we can book a hall/venue to use for your class, or we can come to you (provided the teaching space that’s available is adequate). Contact us with your request today at [email protected], or via our Contact Us page.
What you’ll experience in class:
- Instrument Exploration and Ensemble Skill Development – Your child will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, and melodic ensemble playing.
- Singing – From the first “Hello” song to the last “Goodbye,” exploring a variety of musical styles and genres leads children to find their own voice. Plus, singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity, and socialisation.
- Assorted Movement – Whether moving as a ‘family’, as a class, or as individuals, Kindermusik ‘Playdate’ movement activities enhance co-ordination skills; create opportunities for imitation, exploration, and expression; and give everyone something to smile, rock, bounce, or dance about.
- Story-Time and Early Literacy – Reading aloud to children stimulates their curiosity, expands their knowledge, and broadens their understanding of language.
- Musical Concepts – Fun engaging activities bring out the musicality in everyone, from the youngest member of the family to the oldest. Families learn more about music as they learn more about each other.
- Family ‘Jam Sessions’ – Children, as well as adults, will love selecting a unique instrument and joining in one big class ‘jam’, instrument play-along session.
- Together Time – Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing you to make the most of the fleeting toddler years and giving you the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Basic AUSLAN (Australian Sign Language) – A great way to try and assist babies in communicating before they’re able to actually ‘verbalise’ the words, and to enhance a toddler’s communication skills.
- Expert Advice – Our Kindermusik educators explain how our musically based activities enhance your child’s complete development.
- Learning Continues at Home – With the ‘At Home’ Materials, the learning continues at home with the child’s best teacher — YOU!
“A good beginning never ends!”